Thursday, June 30, 2005

The gatherer index was not initialized. The content index must be remounted. If the index is still not initialized, remove it.

The domain account I was using to run the SPS services were giving me trouble by resenting its password automatically each time I restarted the SPS servers. So I decide to run the service with a new domain account. After I configure the service accounts and application pool accounts to use the new domain account, I couldn’t access any of the search administration pages. I was getting following error message.

The gatherer index was not initialized. The content index must be remounted. If the index is still not initialized, remove it.

To fix this problem, I had to make sure that “Configuration Database Administration Account” was running with the new domain account.

1 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, Anonymous India domain registration said...

I like this article very much because it is technical and very much useful for me to gather more knowledge. Good to read...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home