Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Session state can only be used when enableSessionState is set to true,

Following is an email I received regarding SharePoint development. I thought you guys may benefit from the answer one day if you are in to SharePoint Development

Hi Gayan

when I tried to log in and it gave me this error
stating :

Server Error in '/Supresta' Application.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------

Session state can only be used when enableSessionState is set to true,
either in a configuration file or in the Page directive
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the
current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information
about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: Session state can only be used when
enableSessionState is set to true, either in a configuration file or in
the Page directive

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current
web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the
exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Do I have to enable session in Sharepoint or My application I remember I
have it enabled and I also checked it.

Anyways I really appreciate your help.


Best Regards
Attiq Kham

I had this problem few times and didn’t get any time to figure out what’s going wrong. But you can use the View state rather than the session state. View state works fine. I will have a look to find out how to get the Session state working.

1 Comments:

At 2:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In relation to "enablesessionstate" questions, I suddenly cannot access my PWA Home Page - i get the an error that states "The enablesessionstate attrivute on the page direective is not allowed in this page." However, I can still access "My Timesheet", "Server Settings" etc if I bypass the homepage by typing in the url to the other pages. Any iedas?? Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home