Thursday, September 29, 2005

Create a list in a portal area based on a list template

It is a common requirement to take SharePoint templates from one site to another. But this is not easy as it sounds in SharePoint Portal.

I created a survey in Portal home and saved it as a template. Then I created a separate area to hold the survey. But when I try to drag and drop the survey to the created area, I couldn’t find it. This is because the new area is behaving as an isolated site.

Following article explains how to tackle this situation.

Create a list in a portal area based on a list template

1 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Fellow, you have a top-notch blog here!
If you have a moment, please have a look at my asset protection consultant site.
Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home