The request failed with HTTP status 407: Proxy Authentication Required.
I am having a single MOSS server with dedicated SQL server for the back end. I was getting above error message when I was trying to execute the Job in Manage Content Deployment Paths and Jobs page. (Central Administration > Operations > Manage Content Deployment Paths and Jobs )
I have the set up the proxy details in my browser as mentioned below,
Configure proxy server settings to bypass the proxy server for local addresses
1. In Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
2. On the Connections tab, in the Local Area Network (LAN) settings area, click LAN Settings.
3. In the Automatic configuration section, clear the Automatically detect settings check box.
4. In the Proxy Server section, select the Use a proxy server for your LAN check box.
5. Type the address of the proxy server in the Address box.
6. Type the port number of the proxy server in the Port box.
7. Select the Bypass proxy server for local addresses check box.
8. Click OK to close the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings dialog box.
9. Click OK to close the Internet Options dialog box.