Tuesday, April 24, 2007

How come Site Content Upgrade Status page is empty?

I am still working on SharePoint 2003 upgrade for MOSS 2007 environment. Finaly manage to get the farm environment stabilized. Then I was looking at Site Content Upgrade Status page (Central Administration > Operations > Site Content Upgrade Status) for the list of the sites that can be upgraded.

Guess what? It was empty when I knew it should at least have dozen sites listed. I though this may be a security trimming user interface issue and made sure that my account is under Farm Administrators Group (The link “Update farm administrator's group” , Central Administration > People and Groups)

Still not luck. I have two front end web servers and one index server (or Application server). Then I realise the Central Administration site is running under both application server and one front end server.

I don’t get the site list in Site Content Upgrade Status page when I access the Central Administration site through application server. I simply stop the Central Administration service in application server and only had is enabled in my front end web server.

Sounds very simple!!!! But can waste lot of time if you don’t know what you are doing!!!!

3 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Gayan,

I upgraded the WSS 2.0 site collections to WSS 3.0 succesfully. However, I found all subsites are not in "Quick Lauch" menu and the top level site ment tabs when I opened the home page of top level site. I only can enable the navigation settings of the team site when creates a new site. Do you know how can I enable the qucik launch settings automatically in the upgrade process.

 
At 8:49 PM, Anonymous electronic signature said...

Grateful to check out your website, I seem to be ahead to more excellent sites and I wish that you wrote more informative post for us. Well done work.

 
At 1:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Its a wonderful post and very helpful, thanks for all this information. You are including better information regarding this topic in an effective way.Thank you so much

Installment Loans Near Me
Title loans Near Me
Cash Advances Near Me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home